Loudness

I really hate to admit having done this, but once I took my 200W
jazz guitar amp head, used a closed back speaker cab, and then
aimed it straight at the guitar player.  Since I stood behind the
cab the feedback was controllable.  Needless to say, I won before
I had to pull out a Hi "F" harp to really make the point.  Not
proud, but somehow strangely satisfied.

Actually the nice thing about high powered amps is that you can
really EQ up the bass frequencies and still play at a relatively
low volumes while keeping a lot of head room for dynamics.  My
favorite harp amp is a new Pro Reverb set at 1/4 power (Weber
alnico speaker); my second favorite is a Blues Junior (Weber
ceramic speaker).

Rob