RE: Jet 12 vintage vs reissue

Personally, I think the reissue is a nice sounding amp, but IMO it IS better
to hang out and get a vintage one.  Watch the tube setups though, there are
different varieties, some of them are less harp-friendly than others.  You
want the one with 12ax7's, with 6sn7's being a great second choice (some
will disagree here--6sn7's are well-loved by some harpcats).  The power tube
choices are 7591 or 6v6, BOTH of which are great.  If you get the 7591
version--these are EXCELLENT tubes for harp BUT very hard to find and
expensive if you insist on NOS.  There is a current production Electro
harmonix tube that I think sells for about $30 a pair which is supposed to
be pretty good.  I'm sure you're familiar with 6v6's...they're much more
common and may be what you want, depending.

Hambone