re: dedication and sacrifice

<quote>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 17:59:00 -0600
From: rainbowjimmy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: dedication and sacrifice

My daughter's best friend is going to a performing arts high school to study
classical piano. She felt she needed the comraderie and competition to
really  get off her butt and play.  She's leaving all her friends and family
in the
middle of her junior year. This is a kid who's played every day minimum of 3
hours a day with no exception since she was tiny. Her mom and dad drove her
two and half hours one way to her piano instructions every week.

How many of us are willing to make those sacrifices and show that much
dedication? Where would harp players find that level of intense instruction
even if we did make the choice?

Rainbow Jimmy
</quote>

It certainly would take a heck of a lot of dedication and sacrifice as you
say.  Robert Bonfiglio will tell you of the work he put in for over 11 years
to get where he is now.

Apparently Europe has some of the intensely high class music schools
available in the world, including education for harmonica.   I forget
details, so forgive me if I'm not more specific - but if you want to find
that sort of dedication on the harmonica, that is where I would look.

G.