re: dedication and sacrifice

Dedication or obsessive compulsion?  I remember ready fairly recently
that "elite" performers or whether it be sports, music academics etc,
almost always have at least a minor case of Obsessive Compulsive
Disorder.  I'm pretty sure that I do (I'm not saying that I'm elite)
and I know a few other "elite" musicians that certainly do. What is
dedication? I've always thought of it as a form of addiction. I have
been addicted to the harp for over 15 years, I never think I should
practice I simply do because I HAVE to.  I feel sick, bad or sorry if
I do not.  It's a need or addiction that I am happy to say is better
than drugs or the drink.