Gig Announcement-Boston Area-Saturday 12/27

Hi all,

   Sorry about the last minute post but forgot to get this to Danny's list
in time. The harp content is this: I'll be playing my Jimmy Gordon
customized Marine Bands for at least half the night. As some of you know I
play guitar as well and don't do many harp gigs these days. Please check
this out if you're in the Boston, Mass Area.

THE YARDROCK CLOSING-END OF AN ERA

Happy Holidaze everyone,

     This is an announcement to let everyone know that the end of an era is
upon us. Joe Hajjar is closing The Yardrock this weekend and is going out
with a bang! Joe and the Yardrock staff were one of the good ones!!! I had
the pleasure of playing this club almost from the beginning to the bitter
end, starting there originally with my lovely wife, MADELEINE HALL, when she
was still playing with Hal Pecher & the Bluescasters and continuing with my
own aggregation-STOVALL BROWN BAND. It's gonna be sad to see the place go
and our hopes are that Joe can revive the spirit of the Yardrock in a new
location soon. We will be playing this SATURDAY, DEC. 27TH on the last
Saturday night in this great South Shore juke joint and we'll be recording
the whole evening with hopes that we can release a cd of the best stuff. We
also expect some guest stars to stop by and aid and abet us in closing the
place. With the closing of The Yardrock, HOB and many other clubs this year,
we'll also be wishing a fond farewell to "The Year of The Blues". (Tongue
Planted Firmly in Cheek!!). Just shows
to go ya what happens when the government gets involved in a good thing. I
trust that each and everyone will forgive this final intrusion on their time
and c'mon down and say goodbye to a blues institution. Please feel free to
forward this to any appropriate sources.

Happy New Year,

Chris Stovall Brown
Please check out my website below-AOL'ers you'll have to cut and paste!
http://www.geocities.com/boogie02130/Homepage.html