Re: Ability to read music

> Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 13:18:23 EST
> From: Iceman6300@xxxxxxx
> Subject: Ability to read music
>
> - --part1_a4.3324a675.2b6c17ef_boundary
>
> Richard Hunter sez:
> <>
>
> I got a studio gig recording harmonica for a public school project on Warner
> Bros. because I had told the studio engineer that I read music. He
> recommended me to the producer over the other harmonica players on his roster
> (none of whom could read). The producer was thrilled that he could speak
> fluent music with me, on paper and in discussion. Session went very well and
> I am on call for any further Warner Bros projects recorded at this particular
> studio.
>
> Serious studio players should learn to read.
>
> The Iceman

Serious players of any kind should learn how to read, period.

Glenn Weiser
http://www.celticguitarmusic.com/harppage.htm

Richard Hunter sez:
&lt;<the session I described in a previous message to this list,
where the producer's first words to me were "you can read, right?",,,,  The
ability to read simple melodies on a G clef is enough to get the gig in
many cases>>

I got a studio gig recording harmonica for a public school project on Warner&nbsp;
Bros. because I had told the studio engineer that I read music. He&nbsp;
recommended me to the producer over the other harmonica players on his roster&nbsp;
(none of whom could read). The producer was thrilled that he could speak&nbsp;
fluent music with me, on paper and in discussion. Session went very well and&nbsp;
I am on call for any further Warner Bros projects recorded at this particular&nbsp;
studio.

Serious studio players should learn to read.

The Iceman</pre>

- --------------65BB10CA8BCE49B8D360F62B--