McCabes

Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 10:40:42 -0800
From: "DL Terry" <so_blue@xxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Kalamazoo

jazmaan sent:

|  I used my quick rig -
|just a Kalamazoo and
|a Shaker mic, which was perfect for the intimate room of about 100 people.

INTIMATE!

HA!

how many watts output is your K'zoo?

- - -Dane

- ------------------------------

Well its just an un-modified Kalamazoo Two.  I believe those are 15 watt amps?   As for
the "intimate" remark - maybe its just that I feel "at home" at McCabe's.  In fact
while I was on stage last night I commented that it was way back in 1967 when I walked
into McCabe's and bought my first harmonica.   There were quite a few youngsters in the
audience and I encouraged them to all buy harmonicas before they left!   As I mentioned
in the last message, I was sitting in with the Todd Washington Band.   Todd works at
McCabe's.   I met him about 7 or 8 years ago when I was at McCabe's buying a harp and I
heard this fantastic blues guitar coming from one of the practice rooms.   I could see
Todd playing guitar so I walked in and asked if I could join in with my new harp.  It
was only after I'd entered the room that I noticed there was another guitarist in the
corner, an older black guy with a big hat covering most of his face.  Todd said "sure,
fall on in", so I started to play.   When the other guy started to sing, I nearly peed
my pants.   The other guy was TAJ MAHAL!   We must have jammed for 15 minutes and I was
in 7th heaven!   That kind of thing could only happen at McCabes!