hope however fleeting

Last week, my band recorded a Sonny Terry/Lightning Hopkins type song.
Yesterday, after listening to all four takes, ten minutes each, I found a
few notes with the right tone, the deep resonant old blues tone. So after 30
years of playing, finally, on three notes,(out of a million)I can get a tone
almost as good as the tone Little Walter got as a teenager. Little Walter of
course got the tone consistently and seemingly effortlessly.

Maybe in another thirty years I can play almost as tastefully. Then in
another thirty years I can learn how to swing.

Oh yes-material thread interlude. I got those nice notes on my beat up Blues
Harp-remember my rant about how I hate wooden combs?

Equipment-an ancient champ(1948!) with metal tubes and an 80s Green Bullet.

I really would like to blame my equipment for my lack of tone. The Harp List
could help me by affirming the lack of tone is due to a deficit in my
equipment-nothing to do with me at all.

Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.spaceanimals.com
http://www.mp3.com/spaceanimals