Re: Why Learn to Read Music?

Iceman wrote;

> It opens the world of music to you.
>

>  you are able to go right to the heart and
> sole of the
> music, written in a universal language for all musicians.

Thanks Iceman!!

Just think of the possibilities
When you learn to read music, over 600 years of music that has been written in every genre imaginable is now open for your eyes to see, your ears to hear, and your instrument to play.  If you are an ear player, and you add good reading skills, "there is nothing more dangerous than an educated ear"  I was told this by a friend who encouraged me to learn to read music.  It is like a person learning to read books for the first time.  First it is "see Jack run", the next thing you know your reading novels by Steinbeck and Tolstoy.  It will happen.
One more thought;
When a harmonica player learns to read music, it gives our instrument more legitimacy.  God knows that there are many musicians out there who still think that we play a kid toy of some kind.

Go for it!!!
Thanks Iceman for your thoughts.

regards and respect,
Roger Gonzales