Re: rechargeable batteries, was Re: Wireless

I'm not at all familiar with a wireless mic setup, as I
don't play out, but if I did I would definitely want a wireless.

Rechargeable batteries seem to be the way to go for
a wireless setup.  Buying regular alkaline batteries gets
expensive over time.  I would think that having a battery die
on you while  playing a song would be embarassing.

How easy is it to switch out a dead battery ?

Ideally, I would think the manufactures of these wireless
setups would provide good quality NiMH battery packs
that hold a decent charge and maybe a warning when the
charge gets too low.   How about a dual battery setup
so that you can flip a switch to the fresh battery, and pop
in a replacement for the low/dead battery when time permits ?

Maybe such a setup exists, maybe its expensive... I don't know...

Ken Hildebrand