Re: Small Harp Amp

- ----- Original Message -----
From: <vince@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2003 2:50 AM
Subject: Small Harp Amp

> What's up w/ all this big stuff?
>
> I know that there are some pro amps on the market and I'm interested in
the
> Sonny Jr personally but I want something a lot lighter. Does anyone know
of
> a tech who is moding a 1x10 low wattage amp for harp? Something "harp
> ready"?
>

> Vince Cheney

Hi Vince,
IMHO, the best small volume harp amp around is the Fender Pro Junior, at 15W
rms, and is a surprisingly powerful little amp. It has just an input jack,
volume, a single tone control and an on/off switch. I usually keep the tone
ALL the way down, and I've found I get a real nice, classic harp sound far
quicker and easier than the Blues Junior. If you get a used one, the one you
want has the blue painted Eminence made alnico magnet speaker in it that was
the exact same one being used for years in the Bassman RI's.

I use this amp alot whenever I don't need the firepower of my real '59
Bassman, and is also a terrific recording amp. Some of the best amps I've
ever played thru had just a single tone control or NO tone control at all.

Sincerely,
Barbeque Bob Maglinte
Boston, MA