Re: small amp

I own a Crate VC-508, and I'm very happy with it.  It works well with a
variety of mics, and the people I work with never fail to comment on how
nice it sounds.  For more information, see my page on the $400 setup at
my website at the URL below.

That said, I've played through Princetons and Princeton Reverbs,
blackface and otherwise, and enjoyed the sound thoroughly.  I've heard
Rob Paparozzi get lots of nice sounds from a Fender Blues Jr.

I recommend strongly that you try any amp before buying with the
microphone(s) and pedal(s) (if any) that you intend to use with the
amp.

Good luck.

Regards, Richard Hunter
http://www.hunterharp.com