Re: A crummy story - superficial harp content

PL500@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Sam,
>
> Get a grip! I have yet to hear any uplifting athiest tales as of yet. Man, I
> bet your the kind of guy who complains about the bean dip at a funeral
> reception.

That was my point.  The story acted like it was uplifting but it wasn't.
What kind of teacher turns away a student because he is too old?  Then
despite his hard work and determination prays for the kid to not show up
anymore.  The boy was only 11.

Your right though I tend to get a bit too literal with these inspiration
stories.  But that fact that they are fake and all have similar styles makes
me suspicious that there is some single author out there turning these out
for fun.

So I wrote one for fun.  Mine's actually true though, I did play harp at my
Dad's funeral and everyone except my Dad appreciated it.

Sam