Slide on Hohner 64

Hi again.

My wife got me a Hohner 64 for Christmas, and a few days ago, I got
around to taking it apart and setting it up to my preferences. I did my
usual reed and valve work, but when I got to the slide, I discovered
that it has no "U-channel". I've only been playing Chromatic for 5 years
or so, and up until now, my experience has been with older 270's and
280's, CX-12's and Herrings. Is this something new?

Any advice on making it more airtight? I learned many tricks from Dick
Gardner at "The Summit", but by far the most beneficial was filing down
the U-channel.

- --
Alec Drachman
http://www.bluecats.org