Re: CB Microphones

Robb wrote:
"I've been looking into [and buying] other crystal microphones [other than
Turner/Astatic/Shure]- both to use alone, and to harvest their on-off
switches/elements. Has anyone ever had a ~big find~ when trying CB
microphones???"

I was recently looking at an old Shure push-button mic on Ebay that I was
interested in buying because of its element. To the seller's credit, before
I put up a bid she let me know that someone else had asked a question about
the microphone "which necessitated taking it apart and when I did, I found
that there was nothing inside but a few wires at the bottom." Clearly,
someone had already harvested the element from it. Just another reminder to
be careful out there. You never really know what you're getting until it's
in your hands.
MN