Re: Harp players reporting income?

Tom Ball put in his stuff on this subject.
> Bottom line: If you earn money from music, the wisest course of
> endeavour is always to keep your own income records (as well as
> records of all your legitimate expenses,) and not rely upon 1099s to
> remind you how much you made. The IRS are not fools.  Nossir....
>
> -Tom

He's got that right.  I do this -- keep records and send out my own 1099s.
The IRS has tried several times to tag me on income, but I send 'em
complete xeroxes of every check (I take the club check and issue my own
checks to band members) I gave to supporting musicians.  They quickly give
up with an "Oh."  It's a pain, but I gotta say, it's satisfying to back
'em off once in awhile.

Cathi N.  (Didn't know it went up to $600 though -- kewl.)