Re: technique?

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "ozharp" <ozharp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, February 14, 2003 10:08 AM
Subject: Re: technique?

Hi,
The first time I heard anyone using this technique was about 20 years ago on
a CHO rehearsal, and one of the guys was a studio engineer at the time, and
he had a tape of a session by former European harp champion Chris Turner,
and when Pierre Beauregard and I heard, we both thought it was a great
overdub, but the guy who was the engineer said it was no overdub, and we
thought he was pulling our chains. Well, a couple of weeks later, Chris
comes down to a CHO rehearsal, and Pierre asked him about this, and Chris
played this right in front of our unbelieving eyes, and me and Pierre were
totally flipping out over this. BTW, for those who are wondering, the CHO
means the Cambridge Harmonica Orchestra.

Also, Richard Hunter's book, "Jazz Harp," was a helpful eye opener for me
when it first came out in 1979/80, and it is still an excellent book that
truly broke ground. The interview with Toots Thielemans IMO is worth the
price of it alone!

Sincerely,
Barbeque Bob Maglinte
Boston, MA