Re: chord substitutions

> in jazz like coltraine and others they substituted the 7th chord with a
tri
> tone or a d7b9 half whole dim. iv'e been trying to do this on a marine
band
> can't get all the notes anybody know what i'm talking about???

All the notes for a altered chord are very tricky to play on a diatonic, but
there might be some voicings you can play.

Say you where playing a C harp ( :-) ), and you where trying to play the
substitution for the dominant in 2nd position D7, that would mean you are
looking for a Ab7.
Ab7 is rather tricky to play because the root is a drawnote and the 3rd and
7th are blownotes.
However you can play just the 3rd,5th and 7th. Play the overblows on hole 4
and 5 simultanious with a dirty overblow on hole 4 ( both the normal note
and the overblow). Or yo can play the 3rd and 7th, by playing hole 4 as a
normal blownote and overblowing hole 5, but then you haven't substituded
anything realy.

It will all sound terrible, at least it does when I try it, but can always
play the arpeggios ofcourse.

Check out the my layout page at:

http://www.overblow.com/harmonica

Tinus
http://www.tenhole.com
Overblows and Overdraws on the Diatonic Harmonica.