Re: Wonderful Tonight

In a message dated 2/17/03 3:58:18 PM, Gatorharp@xxxxxxx writes:

> "My band has been playing 'Wonderful Tonight' for quite awhile and I want
> put it in my solo acoustic set. However, I can't stop playing rhythm and
> play the signature lead, so I thought I would play the lead on harp.
> However, I don't know what harp to use. The song is in G. Should I play the
> lead with a G harp or crossed C or 2nd position D (not sure about the
> proper
> terminology)?"

I was sitting in one night with some friends, just playing along with what I
could fake.. and they did this song. I had never even tried it on harp
before, but in second position, it flowed very well. I didn't try to play
"the lick" however, just improvised. But I got a big bunch of applause.. :)

Steve "Moandabluz" Webb
still a fool for the harp