Harmonica Videos

This really angers me...

Below is an email I received yesterday, sent to another email address
I have, [which I've omitted for logical reasons.]  At one time, this
person advertised directly to harmonica mailing lists at large, but
has now obviously decided on a less public, individual, email spam
campaign instead.

As I've learned in recent months, he is offering for sale copies of
videos he has collected over the years, which were produced on his
own equipment, however, without the permissions of the copyright
and/or publishing rights holders; that is, of the artists themselves,
or their relatives, agents, representatives, etc.  For instance, he
is selling copies of videos made at harmonica conventions that were
intended to bring in a little much needed money for the harmonica
organization that made them.

I feel this is unethical and quite obviously illegal, not to mention
financially harmful to harmonica players and supportive groups who
are denied their just and legal revenues.  Therefore, despite the
risk that even bad publicity may be good publicity, I want to alert
fellow listmembers to this type of activity, in hopes it will not be
supported by our purchasing of such wares.  Of course, there is a
website listing what is "for sale", but even I'm not going so far as
to point to that here.  Bottom line, [an apropo term,] reselling is
one thing; copying from originals and selling those copies is quite
another.

Buyer beware...
Know the seller!

Bobbie