Re: Reed sound, where does it come from?

>From: "IronMan Mike Curtis" <ironman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

>Get a couple of clamps to hold the reeds and comb together, then play the
>note to check tuning.

I notice that when I test the re-tuned reeds on the comb without the
coverplates, the pitch seems sharper than when I put the coverplates back
on. As a result, I try to pinch the coverplates on the reedplates and comb
when I do my final tests so I don't put the whole harp back together only to
discover the re-tuned reed sounds flat.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Jimbeau