Re: Reed sound, where does it come from?

>>From: "IronMan Mike Curtis" <ironman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>>Get a couple of clamps to hold the reeds and comb together, then play the
>>note to check tuning.
>
>I notice that when I test the re-tuned reeds on the comb without the
>coverplates, the pitch seems sharper than when I put the coverplates back
>on. As a result, I try to pinch the coverplates on the reedplates and comb
>when I do my final tests so I don't put the whole harp back together only to
>discover the re-tuned reed sounds flat.
>
>Has anyone else experienced this?
>
>Jimbeau

  Absolutely, just get yourself a couple of those "Binder Clips" (the big ones)
They look like a gunmetal blue spring shaped like the "stirrup" on a
saddle, and they have two WINGS  made of chromed wire. You squeeze on the
wire wings and it flexes the clip open enough to hold the ENDS of the harp
together. It's so simple.......smokey-joe