Re: Reed sound, where does it come from?

<quote>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 18:32:58 +0000
From: "Jimbeau Harp" <jimbeauharp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Reed sound, where does it come from?

I notice that when I test the re-tuned reeds on the comb without the
coverplates, the pitch seems sharper than when I put the coverplates back
on. As a result, I try to pinch the coverplates on the reedplates and comb
when I do my final tests so I don't put the whole harp back together only to
discover the re-tuned reed sounds flat.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Jimbeau

Yes, consistantly.
Harmonica Tuning is finicky and sensitive to a lot of variables.  Tempurature,
embouchure, amount of breath, comb cell size, covers, reed adjustment.

When tuning set the harp & reeds up the way you intend to have the finished
product.

G.