Daily Almanac - February 22

I have no events to report for today.

I recently received several CD's from list members and over the next few
open days I will be posting reviews on them.

Elliott and The Untouchables - "Danger Zone".   What a pleasant surprise to
hear from this band that features Mike "Naz" Nazarenko on the harmonica.  I
get to get an awful lot of Blues harmonica players and Mike really stands
out as a true individual.  Though you can hear various modern Blues
influences in his playing, he stands out with having developed his own
unique style.  The band is really tight and a pleasure to listen to.  This
CD is a pretty even mix of originals by the individual group members and the
band manages to make each song sound great.  Hailing from South Carolina,
Elliott and The Untouchables has carved out a niche in the East Coast Blues
scene.  I hope that they have the oppurtunity to tour around the country in
the future, I'd love to catch them live.  A truly great band featuring a
wonderful harmonica player,  I'd definitely recommend that you give them a
listen.

That's all I have for today.  Have fun and practice.

Peter Krampert, author
The Encyclopedia of the harmonica
http://www.eharmonica.net