RE: Removing valves

Hi

>From what I understand, you can't remove all the valves on a chrom because
it would become too leaky. But in some cases you can "half-valve" it. Here
is a description of half-valving on Brendan Power's site:

"Half-valving means that valves are added which affect the lower pitched
reeds in each hole. This is half the notes on the harp, hence the term. On a
normal un-valved harp, in a hole where the blow note is lower than the draw,
you can bend the draw note by interaction of the reeds - but not the blow.
Also the blow note sounds a bit quieter, more breathy and less defined than
the draw, especially in the bottom octave. The same principle applies where
the draw note is lower pitched than the blow (as in holes 7-10 of a Richter
tuned harp)."

This is typically what's done on Brendan's CX-10 Richter tuned. And man,
this harp is very air tight!!!!

I don't know how this would apply to a regular chrom (solo tuned). Can
anybody out there give more details on that subject?

Thanks

   Laurent