Daily Almanac - February 25

I have no events to report for today.

As I recently stated, I have recieved several CD's from list members and
I'll be covering them during the next few open dates.

Barbecue Bob Maglinte - "Sampler CD":  This CD contains recordings that
feature Bob Maglinte on the harmonica with various groups spanning from 1991
through 1998.  The recording definitely shows that the harmonica is in good
hands with Barbecue Bob.  He plays harmonica that shows the influences of
Chicago, West Coast and other styles.    The groups, (The Rhythm Aces, Blues
Express, Two Bones & A Pick) on the recordings are tight and Barbecue Bob
plays with an absolute mastery of the instrument.  He allows the other
instruments plenty of room to express themselves, while standing out both as
a lead player and laying harmonica rhythm tracks that support the musicians
he's playing with.  An absolute highlight is a cut Barbecue did with Ronnie
earl and Peter Wolf from the soundtrack of "Fried Green Tomatoes".  The
track sounds like J. Giels at it's best and I tempted to actually sit
through the movie to hear it in context with the film.

I'm really looking forward to when Bob releases an album of his own in the
near future.  From what I've heard we're all in for a real treat.

That's all I have for today.  Have fun and practice.

Peter Krampert, author
The Encyclopedia of the Harmonica
http://www.eharmonica.net