NHC Re: spam

>From: fjm <2738540@xxxxxxxxxxx>

>My bad addresses for spam are all hotmail.

I use different addresses on hotmail for different purposes. This one is
strictly for harp-l. I too noticed that I've started to get some spam on
this address despite the fact that I don't use it for anything other than
reading and posting to harp-l.

Some of my other hotmail accounts that I've used for ordering stuff from
Musicians Friend, Amazon, etc. are absolutely flooded with spam -- literally
hundreds of messages.

I've found that by setting the hotmail junk mail filter to "exclusive", I
can deal with a lot of junk mail very quickly. The exclusive setting only
allows mail into your in-box from addresses in your contacts list. Anything
else goes to a separate junk mail folder.

I can then go into the junk mail folder, scan it for the rare message from a
real person that I want to read, and delete the rest by clicking on one
button.

You can set the junk mail filter by going to the options page.

This is the most painless way I've found to deal with a very annoying
problem.

Jimbeau