Re: disappearance of regular contributors

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 08:35:29 -0800
> From: Roger A Gonzales
> Subject: Re: disappearance of regular contributors
>
> > Harp-l has become more of a format for sarcastic banter, silly one
> > liners,
> > and self promotion within the community than information exchange.
> >

> This has been pretty much the case for a long time.  Even before the Harp-l crash.
> As far as info...important info that is useful and helpful for all....getting harder and harder to find on Harp-l....good thing my delete button works so well.
>
> Roger

Roger-

The salad days of substantive harmonica discussion will return. Hang in there. I guess we're just reprouping after the crash. The regulars will be back.
Sometimes the banter is fun-do we have to be dead serious all the time? Flames are an unfortunate fact of life anywhere on the Net, it seems,
and a limited amount of self-promotion is tolerated. I think anyone who is a subscriber and puts out a new CD, book or video ought to announce it here, frankly.
It goes in cycles. People tend to talk about gear when nothing else is going on, and then someone will start the ball rolling. That's when you can learn a lot. I can't even begin to tell how much I've learned here. It's incredible.

Glenn Weiser
http://www.celticguitarmusic.com/harppage.htm