RE: disappearance of regular contributors

Every single discussion list on the Internet will often contain messages
that a number of people on the list are not interested in reading.
People will try to sell products, services, their own opinions, and some
will simply try to start a debate.  So what?  It's exceedingly easy to
either delete a message, or just stop reading one you have no interest
in.

If somebody is trying to sell me on their equipment or service site, I'm
happy to hear what they have to say.  If somebody has a strong opinion
about something, I'm happy to read the thread until it becomes
boring...or not.  What I don't like is to hear from a bunch of people
who decry the quality of messages on their list, simply because they
disagree with the content.  That's the Internet, folks.

People will say that harp-l is going downhill, but that's not true.
It's an incredibly informative resource with people who are passionate
about their instrument of choice.  And as Barry said, it's given us an
opportunity to meet many, many more harp players than we would have
simply jamming in our local clubs.

All I can say is if you don't want to read a message, delete it, or mark
it as read and move on.  Please don't waste your time and ours
complaining about the content of posts.  It's counter productive.  Yes,
there are often posts that are not helpful to certain individuals, but
unless somebody is directly calling somebody out on the list, I have no
problem with ANY post I have ever read.

So let's have fun, let people post whatever they want as long as it's in
reasonably good taste, and as long as it's even remotely harp related.
This is the Internet and we get posts from all over the world.  It's
impossible to find 100% of contributors who will keep to YOUR chosen
area of interest.  So, can't we all just get along? :-)

Robert Gaustad
Harp Player
San Rafael, CA