Re: Fw: Re: Passing of King Biscuit Boy

Thanks for the news Donnie.

KBB was a regular in this area, just down the highway from where he
lived.. The last time I saw him was the summer of 2001 and I was
stunned. He looked ancient and was well into his cups at noon. I
suspect this was in part of what eventually got to him. It was sad
because I remember him from better days and he was a pale shadow of
himself. He barely played one full 20 minute set.
Too many great harp talents have been eroded by excessive lifestyles
and Richard was one of them. In the past few years he had trouble
getting bookings anywhere because of his unpredictability.

But when he was on.... WOW! What a showman... what tone and power.

I will always remember him for what he was in his prime and not my
last encounter with him.

Steve Lawton