Re: Smicz TADS to tame a 59 Bassman RI?

I tried a Smicz TAD in one of my Whites.  It also works in my Champ.  It
pretty much ruins the tone for me.  What they do is use a 6AK6 minature
tube in an adapter base in place of your normal power tube(s).  The
6AK6's are too compressed for me, break up way too early and get super
crunchy almost immediately.  You lose all of the midrange bark and that
singing sustain.  They weren't for me.  Rupert Oysler likes his, he's
got a Portablues, also made by Smicz and I remeber him mentioning onlist
that he uses it with the TAD installed for smaller gigs.  fjm