Re: Smicz TADS to tame a 59 Bassman RI?

Mark Nesmith iquires as to why I'd want to throttle down a White
amplifier.  Because 5 watts into a single 8" speaker is really loud if
you're in your living room.  If the 6AK6 had sounded remotely like a 6V6
I would have liked the TAD.  Human hearing did not evolve in the
presence of 50 watt tube amplifiers and modern machinery.  Much of what
I like about tube amplifiers is the sound of the output tubes being
driven into non linearity.  For me the outputs make more of a difference
in amp tone than almost anything else.  For example I sold my Fender
Twin when the Mesa Boogie STR 415's became unavailable.  fjm