Re: Re:Super Reverb Question, Take 2

Hi Mike

I can't think of any electrical problem.  I have certainly tried this in
the past without blowing anything up but I wasn't wild about the distortion
sound.  I guess the sound comes from the tube sort of operating in class A
and clipping when it tries to pass responsibility for amplifying the signal
to the other tube which isn't there, if that makes any sense.

A Rod Piazza trick for softening up unresponsive hired Twins in Europe was
to remove just one of the four valves.  That was always somebody else's amp
of course.....

Mark