Re: Out of the box

>For me it's Marine Bands unless I want to overblow a lot. For that I like
>Golden Melodys.
>WVa Bob

  The problem with Marine Bands was back in the ole' days, when I would
soak them in ice water (and if I was REALLY flush, I'd use Vodka), the
combs would swell just enough to cut up my lips like cole slaw.

  Now that I'm an old "Codger", I use the more sedate method of Barely
touching the harp to my lips and, of course, a spl 20s plastic comb is oh
so smoothe.

  smo-joe