Re: out of the box

Gotta side with Otto on this one.  I have been playing for quite some time
as well.  I have never played through a LO, but have heard good things about
them.  I played MB's for probably 15 years before switching to Golden
melodies for the last 10.  I have had a few harps go flat over the years,
usually on one note.  Also have had a few "stickers" that I couldn't un
stick by manipulating the reed.  Generally speaking, for me, harps will last
for a few months before either going flat, sticking, or not sounding quite
as crisp as a new harp.

I also use Big River harps as backups.  I have not had any problems with
these, but I have admittedly not used them as heavily as the GM harps.

I play weekly at a jam, and have a weekly practice/gig with a band as well,
so I would not say that my harps are underused.