Re: Who is correct? Bassman speakers

Bob,
I'm not so sure this answers the question in my mind.  If your real '59
Bassman has Jensen P10R speakers and that is what the Victoria has and Fender
puts the Celestion Vintage 30 in the custom shop '59 Bassman, why is that
people are saying the Jensen P10R reissues are some of the worst speakers on
the market and why is it that Fender is putting the Celestion Vintage 30 in
the custom '59?  Again, the real question is not duplication of equipment,
but tone.  Who has the closest duplication of tone that you can get from a
speaker: Fender or Victoria?  Why didn't Fender go back to the original
speaker (P10R) themselves?  They kept to the other specifications of the amp.
Best regards,
Boogie