Re: Smiley

G. wrote:

>>>On another note I love Frank Zappa's piss-take of Neil Young.  :)  )
>>>I tell ya, the guy was a genius!
>>>
>>>G.
>>

>>G,
>>What recording are you referring to here, I'd love to check it out.
>>Happy New year, my friend, by the way.
>>Hambone
>

> 'fraid I don't know the album or song, I just remember Zappa doing a Dylan-esque
> piss-take on one of his CDs.  Sorry can't be more helpful.
>
> G.

Hmmm. IIRC, the song is "Flakes", from the album "Sheik Yerbuti".  Zappa
wasn't the vocalist, although he does contribute a sotto voce "you want
some mandies, Bob...?" halfway through the verse.

The album is a gem: Dancing Fool, Jewish Princess and Bobby Brown are
all on it too, I think --it's a while since I've dragged out my old vinyl...

- --Tim.