Re: Natural / Harmonic Minor / Hohner Orchester

As a boy, the very first harp I received was an
Orchester II. I truly loved it, but it "disappeared"
very soon afterward, fortunately it was replaced a few
weeks later by my Grandfather, accompanied with a
stern warning to my parents. (That's another story,
one that doesn't exactly make me proud of my
ancestry). (Much)more than 40 years later, I still
have that harp.

It's an single-cell Octave C-Major. I don't really
know where it originated. The box - yes, still have
that also - is all in German. At the time, according
to the marks, it cost almost 6 Guilders. (About a
month's rent on the apartment!)

A year later I received my second harp, an Orchester
I. C-Minor. A lot more expensive, 12.75 Guilders.
Still have that one also.

Talk about being a pack-rat!

Ted