Kim Wilson

Hey folks,

Had the pleasure of seeing Kim Wilson on Saturday for the second time.
 He was playing with the "J.W. Jones Band", a local band here in Ottawa.
 Kim's tone and variety of technique blew me away for the second time.
 Everyone knows how good his Chicago style is, but his acoustic is
amazing as well.  I will never miss a chance to see him.  The only
problem I have is that I've seen him twice, and I haven't heard him play
"The Lighthouse Is Gone", or anything similar.  In fact, I haven't seen
him play the 16 hole chromatic.  I love his dark barking tone on that
tune, and would kill to see it live.

Anyone know what kind of mic Kim plays with live?  I didn't recognize
it.  Looked like maybe an astatic, but the grill was not the standard
jt30 grill.  Had more of a cross-hatch or diagonal pattern to it.

FYI, the band has a young harp player named Steve Marriner who is very
good himself.  He traded solos with Kim on a couple of tunes in the last
set, and he can definately play with the big names..  He has loads of
talent and energy, big tone, and lots of chops.  See him if you get the
chance.  He's only 17 or 18 years old right now.

Roy G