Re: Kim Wilson

I did some looking to try to figure out what mic Kim was using.  The
grill from what I could see looked like an Astatic model 48w (found on
jt30.com microphone gallery).  Can anyone confirm that Kim uses this mic?

Since I've been asked offlist what gear he was using, he was playing
straight into a blackface fender super reverb, with no effects (that I
could see). The Super Reverb was mic'ed to the PA.   Couldn't hear any
discernable reverb so I dont know if he was using it or not.  He also
played acoustically into the vocal mic.  During an encore, he sang and
played through his bullet mic (while playing drums with the other three
limbs).

Roy G