Quest For Tone - and the invisible monster

Winslow, as you usually do, you said it far better than I could.

The line about Pavarotti singing Dylan conjured a mental image that made me
LOL!

I also appreciate what you said about a player being "musical". Maybe that's
the word I should have used in the first place. I've also noticed that the
harmonica is a harder instrument for me to HEAR (the nuance of) when I'm
playing it, than other instruments I play (acoustic & electric guitar &
bass). Recording & playing back while practicing is a real eye-(ear?)
opener.

Then, Michael Peloquin posted:
> Does this mean that TONE is, perhaps,
> ...........a SUBJECTIVE THING?

Well, yeah Michael....except that MOST musicians would probably agree when
GOOD TONE was - or wasn't being used.