Re: TONE

In a message dated 1/17/03 8:38:24 PM Eastern Standard Time,
gonz1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Tone is just like anything you work on as a musician, it's work, and time,
> and dedication.  There is no substitute for work.

Guys , there it is in a nut-shell. When I started playing I didn't want to
play amplified harp immediately until I had solid, good sounding tone
acoustically. If you are wondering what good acoustic tone should sound like,
listen to Slim Harpo or Walter Horton playing acoustically. That is how its
supposed to sound.

Also when you play do not try to be something you are not, when you play; be
honest about what you are playing. Even if you are just learning, be
committed to playing from the heart. I have seen guitar and harp players who
have had half the ability of some people, nevertheless, with the few notes
they played managed to get across far more than the technically better
player. Playing from the heart is always seen, and usually felt. Do not be
ashamed of simple melodies and phrasing, simple melodies usually make far
better music than ten thousands licks. This harmonica thing ain't easy,but
its sure fun, and learning and growing in it is where the fun starts.

Andrew