Gemini Ampeg amps

Excellent price for a Gemini in decent shape.

Probably mid 60's

Potential for great harp tone is probably high.

The amp needs some servicing play its best- should have the power supply filter
capacitors replaced, tubes tested on a tester, and grounded line cord installed.
At a minimum, the cord should be installed for safety. I believe that this amp
uses a multisection can capacitor that sticks down from the chassis like a tube
prehaps a 4/20/20.  These are now available for about $30 and are a better
solution than using individual caps.  The exact cap values need not be
duplicated with the replacement.

Tube replacement may not be needed.  7591 were previously rare and expensive but
are now being made and are about $40 a set.  Get a spare set now if you keep the
amp.

The "wax' transformer is probably the a paper interleaved output transformer,
perhaps original.  Do not replace it unless it is bad, and in this case retain
the old transformer.

The reverb and tremolo in these old Ampegs are sweet.   The reverb might be
improved for harp by getting a short delay tank. These are available direct from
Acutronics for about $40 shipped.

12AU/Y7 tube subs should be fine.  It appears that the 12AX7 closest to the 7199
is the first stage for the reverb channel and the next one over is first stage
for the normal channel if the schematic below is correct.  These would be the
best ones to start with for tube subs.

The unofficial Ampeg web page has a schematic of a similar amp-

http://users.aol.com/bluemuse/ampegmain.html
http://members.aol.com/portaflex/schems/g12.gif

Contact me if you want to unload it......

Jim