Is it fixable?

Every once in a while, I have a harp go flat on one note.  It is not just a
"slightly out of tune" thing.  It drops almost a half step very suddenly.  I
have tried to fix these harps when this happens, but have had limited
success.  I was wondering if anyone had any insights on this phenomenon.  My
suspician is that it has something to do with reed fatigue since it seems to
happen only on harps I have been playing for quite some time.