Re: Is it fixable?

Chris wrote:
>Someone mentioned replacing the opposite reed? Does this make sense? I
>wouldn't think so since the blow note sounds fine.

The way bends occur, it is often times the blow reed in the slot that fails
rather than the draw note.  If this happens, the native pitch of the blow note
will be flat (try playing a split octave including that note to see if it has
changed signiificantly).  I'd just replace the reed that's failed.

As Iceman said, it is usually 4, 5, and 6 that flat first and fastest.

- -tim
www.workingmansharps.com