Re: Boss Harmonica: The Life of Little Walter (Boston Phoenix, bo ok review)

- --- "Dirks, Scott A." <Scott.A.Dirks@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hello All,
> I was out of town and away from my computer for
> the last week, so I
> didn't become aware of this thread (or the
> review) until a couple of
> days ago.  My first instinct tells me that I
> should just let the book
> speak for itself, and not jump in to try to
> defend it.

Hi Scott,

Personally, I loved your book and challenge anyone
on this list to come up with a better one on the
enigmatic Little Walter.

Your efforts were not lost on me... not one iota.

As a journalist, I can fully appreicate the
monumental amount of work it must have been, not
only to conduct all those inverviews, sift through
all those archives and records -- but then to put
it all together in a well-documented, yet
~readable~ and fact-filled book...

Well... my hat's off to you. You guys should be
given a medal. The harmonica-playing public, and
blues fans of all stripes are forever in your debt!

Stay well!

Harpin' in Colorado,
- --Ken M

=====
"When you speak of Walter Horton, the first thing you think of is his tone, that big, fat tone."
- ---Li'l Ronnie Owens