RE: tone

Tom Ball said:

> Of course LW had fabulous tone, with or without effects, amplified or
> acoustic... but there was no real discernable "Little Walter tone" --
> he sounded different at virtually every recording session.  Always
> great -- but *different* great.

Sir, isn't this *different* but _consitently_great_tone_ EXACTLY the grail
so many of us seek? That's what I meant by TONE. A great artist carries it
with them no matter how it's manipulated. (OK, maybe not in practice, but
it's a beautiful ideal, or dream!)

> Granted, both Little and Big Walter had fabulous tone virtually all
> the time, no matter what they used...

Even though someone messed with their recorded sound after they laid it
down.