Re: tone and walter horton

Hey Vadie,

- --- Vadimonium@xxxxxxx wrote:

> hi,
> it's a long and interesting - although somewhat
> pointed at times...ha! -
> discussion re: tone. i'm just wondering if i'm
> the only person on the planet
> who likes walter horton for other demensions to
> his playing in addition to
> his tone?

Yeah... Horton's main claim to fame (amongst harp
players) was his big, fat tone. His phrasing
enhanced his big tone, IMO, and was very soulful.

But I also love the fact that he recorded things
other than blues on occasion. I learned a lot from
studying his take on "Don't Get Around Much
Anymore" and "La Cucaracha".

Stay well!

Harpin 'in Colorado,
- --Ken M.

=====
"When you speak of Walter Horton, the first thing you think of is his tone, that big, fat tone."
- ---Li'l Ronnie Owens