Memphis

>Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 14:36:17 -0800 (PST)
>From: Chris Gillock <clgillock@xxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: What's up in Memphis on Tuesday January 28?
>Hey everybody!
>I will be in wonderful Memphis on the evening of 1/28
>and I am looking for a jam or some other excellent
>musical adventure.  Suggestions, please!!!
>Mr. G

The Blues Foundation sponsors an annual International Blues Challenge.
It includes bands from all over the world who have qualified by
winning local and regional contests sponsored by blues associations
everywhere. All the bands are already set for the competition, so it's
not open to new entries now, but I guess it's a great time with
non-stop music all along Beale Street. My band Loaded Dice Band will
be competing this year. I'm not sure how many bands there are, but I
heard there were 53 last year. The 1st round of competition takes
place on Thursday, 2nd round on Friday, and finals on Saturday. You
can visit the web page for any other info at:
http://www.blues.org/ibc/index.html
P.S.  So I'll be out of the office from Wednesday through Sunday of
next week.

I hope to meet some of you down there.
Joe Ferguson
Joe's Virtual Music Shop