  From: Cljdm@xxxxxxx=20
  To: Harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx=20
  Sent: Saturday, January 18, 2003 2:23 PM
  Subject: Gemini Ampeg amps

  Hi,=20

     I just Bought a Gemini 1 Ampeg amp, Model G12. Appreciate any =
information from anyone owning one. Harp sounds great through it. It =
looks to be about 40 years old. Picked it up for $175 (good buy?).The =
amp plays well looks decent. Has a 12" speaker that seems not to be the =
original (no identification marks). Two channels. One works the bass, =
treble, vibrato/intensity/speed and the echo. Two is just volume,bass, =
and treble. There are two plugs for each channel. One for guitar and one =
for the accordian on each channel (four inputs). I really like the =
accordian plugs.=20

      What year is this amp approximately from? And, can I  change the =
12ax7 tubes with au's or ay's?=20
     The tubes left to right are:=20
    7591 7591 7199 12ax7 12ax7 6cg7 12ax7=20
    Should I go for a whole new set of tubes? Also, the amp has a wax =
tranformer. Should I just leave it alone?=20

   I am hoping to get this amp singing real nice, since it seems to have =
the capacity to be a great harp amp. Any information or help would be =
greatly appreciated.=20

                                     Best of everything,=20
                                                 chris=20